Ensure that state budget cuts do not undermine children's access to health care. Improve enrollment and retention for CHIP and Children's Medicaid and maintain effective delivery systems for both. Preserve Texas' public health safety net.
LWV-US position on Health Care
Other Positions that concern Child Health:
Early Intervention for Children at Risk
- Support policies and programs that promote the well-being, development and safety of all children.
Meeting Basic Human Needs
- Promote a health care system for the United States that provides access to a basic level of quality care for all U.S. residents and controls health care costs.
- Support programs and policies to prevent or reduce poverty and to promote self-sufficiency for individuals and families.
- Income Assistance. Support income assistance programs, based on need, that provide decent, adequate standards for food, clothing and shelter.
- Support Services. Provide essential support services.
- Housing Supply. Support policies to provide a decent home and a suitable living environment for every American family.
For more information
- Support violence prevention programs in communities.
The last study on health care was done in the 1990s and completed in 1993 when the LWV-US position on Health Care
was announced by the National Board.